Thursday, September 11, 2014

My Thoughts On 9/11/14

Well, it is 9/11 once again and I could not but notice all the beauty all around me at Mashpee-Wakeby Lake and its contrast with the sadness that I feel on this terrible, terrible anniversary. It is so hard to wrap your mind around all the beauty that is in this world - especially here, where I live - and the evil out in the world.

I got up and looked all around me and thought again how lucky I am - to be here, in this glorious place, and to be healthy.  And then I thought about all those beautiful lives lost on 9/11/01 and their bereft families.  I watched the ceremonies on TV with Obama, Michelle and Biden, as well as Ground Zero.  I saluted and cried.  There really are no comforting words, except to continue to contribute as best as you can in this world and love those you care about.

So, I am continuing my day - talking with friends about this sad day and we are comforting each other.  And I am doing my work here at the sweet Cotuit Library in Cotuit.  There is no other place that I would rather be.

So, take care and I hope your day is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment