Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Another Wonderful Day On Cape Cod!!

Hi, Everyone,

I keep writing about how wonderful it is here in Mashpee on Cape Cod.  I know it seems as if I am overly enthusiastic, but, OMG!! - it is spectacular.  We have been so lucky with the weather.  As you can see, I have put up some pictures - of me at Cotuit Beach and two pictures of Mashpee-Wakeby Lake.  What a place!!  I always tell people that if you had spent $10,000 a week to vacation here, you would think it is worth it.

Anyhow, I am now at the Mashpee Library, which is also spectacular.  Built about four years ago, it has every amenity and it is definitely the go-to place for computers and reading material and great books and videos.  Actually, all of Cape Cod spends on its libraries, which are actually like community centers down here.  There are places in each library where you can sit and read and talk with others who are there, too.  It is so congenial and it is better than a spa because it is totally free.

The other new library is the Osterville Library, which is also fantastic.  In Centerville, the library was remodeled.  The community had fewer funds so not as much could be done to the old building.  But it is still lovely and I so enjoy spending time there.

Also, each library has a used bookstore where I buy the greatest books for less than $3.00!! and sometimes for as little as $.50.  I love books - I do my decorating in my cottage with books.  I consider them my friends and have read some two and three times.

So, my family and I are now marketing seventeen glorious acres on Mashpee-Wakeby Lake.  What makes this so fantastic for potential buyers is that there is very little available on the lake.  For one thing, one-third of Mashpee-Wakeby is conservation land.  So that in itself limits what can come up for sale.  And also, few people want to sell.  My family and I certainly would never sell where we have our cottage - Never!!

The seventeen acres is in Pickerel Cove and goes from Rte. 130 or Main Street in Mashpee all the way to the lake, with two acres fronting the water.  It is perfect for a family compound and it is ANR'd so that there are eight buildable lots.  I shall write more about the property as the weeks go by, but you can look the information up on Zillow at www.Zillow.com/profile/ellenkagan/for-sale-listings.

Have a happy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment