Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Having a Blast at Mass. Realtors Conference in Falmouth



Hi, Everyone,


Well, today is another reason that I love living in my cottage on Mashpee-Wakeby Lake.  Unexpectedly, I was invited to participate on a five-person consumer panel at the Mass. Association of Realtors Conference at the Seacrest Hotel in Falmouth, which is about thirty minutes from my house.  And I was paid for having a blast!


This is a new panel for the conference.  I guess the realtors are having a very hard time and they want to know how we, the consumers, perceive them and what our experience has been with them.  Since my experience has been pretty negative, I am marketing my gorgeous property myself.  Why?  Because I am so enthusiastic about it and know its real worth, whereas the brokers that I have dealt will only want to make a quick sale and have no regard for my paradise at all.


What I learned today is that the other panelists feel the same way but do not know what to do about it. One guy has had his house in Hyannisport on the market for two years.  He is relying on a new broker to sell it for him.  Another woman from Rhode Island is in the same boat.  Well, I have decided to do something about this situation and am marketing, marketing, marketing.  And I learned that I am doing the right thing by doing it myself.


No one cares about our land as much as I do - no one knows its value.  So I shall persevere and I am convinced that the right person will come along. The next post has great pictures from the Conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment